BATTERY REPLACEMENT Back
If maintained regularly, a healthy battery can last up to five years. Without the battery, your vehicle won’t even start. In addition to the starter motor, the spark plugs, glow plugs, lights and electronic applications, all require electrical energy. Usually, people don’t include battery maintenance of their vehicle which can deplete the battery a lot earlier than it needs to.
Some important things to note about your vehicle’s battery:
- It is not a good idea to run down your battery
- Short city trips, keeping the headlights on and watching media with the car off can severely deplete the battery
- Regular maintenance and cleaning are highly recommended
- If you see dirt or grease on your battery, get it cleaned sooner than later
- Get your battery charged and tested at least once a year
At Johns United Auto Clinic in Mississauga, we can recommend the best practices for the maintenance of your battery. We check your battery’s terminals for signs of corrosion that can be caused by rain, life of the battery depends greatly on how you use your vehicle. Keeping a dirty battery will reduce its life and you will have to replace it more often. Give us a call today so we can evaluate the health of your vehicle’s battery and recommend a maintenance plan.